Developmental Soccer League Ages 3 - 4: To find out more, click here. HERE
FAll 2020 NEW FORMAT
4 Coed Recreation League: 3v3 soccer league takes place on Sunday afternoons between 1-5 pm OUTSIDE on the Northside Church green. Teams, coached by volunteer coaches, will have a 30 minute practice immediately followed by a game, all taking place within a 1 hour time slot. Times vary from week to week. (6-7 players on the roster)
Ages 5-10 Coed & Girls Recreation Leagues: Due to the pandemic, and happenings beyond our control, we have had to make quick changes in order to continue to fall soccer for ages 5-10. We had truly hoped to continue the use of the Morris Brandon Soccer fields this fall but we have just received an update the APS Facilities Executive Director has made the decision NOT to allow any Atlanta Public School fields for outside group use. This means there is no guarantee we will have use of the fields for our Outdoor Rec. Soccer league this fall (though this could change.) However, we are excited to announce a new, but similar plan for fall participants:
Each registration will include:
· (1) One-hour Skills and Drills session during the week, run by staff and volunteer coaches
· Each session will include players of the same age only (PLEASE SEE SESSION SCHEDULE BELOW FOR AVAILABLE DIVISION TIMES)
· Limited to 16 participant’s maximum
· Remain the same day/time throughout the season
· (1) One-hour game/scrimmage on the weekend
· Game/scrimmage times may vary from week to week
· Games/teams will only be comprised of players from the same weekday training group (no games against players from other groups or sessions.)
· Each player will receive a reversible jersey. If you have already purchased our jersey/uniform kits recently or in previous seasons, you can still use those as well.
Location: All weekday sessions will be in the Northside Church gym located at 2799 Northside Dr., NW. Atlanta, GA 30305. No cleats please!!
We understand that playing indoors causes some reservations due to air quality concerns and therefore the possible spread of the Coronavirus. However, ALL AC units throughout the church (including the gym) use MERV 14 filters *(recommended level to capture and help prevent virus spread is MERV 13 or greater.) In conjunction with facility upgrades, the below protocols will also be put in place to help mitigate the spread of the virus, and a allow a safe return to play
· Parents will drop players off at the church main entrance via the turnaround off Kingswood Ln. Pick up location TBD.
· Parents will not be allowed in the building during the training session.
· One parent or adult may attend the games/scrimmages.
· All players will get temperature checked before entering the building and then escorted by staff to the gym for their session.
· Masks will be required to be worn to and from the gym, but not while participating in sessions or games. If participants wish to wear a mask during sessions, that, of course, is perfectly fine.
· Staff/coaches will be required to wear masks at all times.
· Facilities and equipment will be sanitized in between and after all sessions.
For a full list of our Pandemic Respons Protocols (PRP) please click here
· 5-6 Girls & Boys – Northside Church Green (Outdoors)
· 7-8 Girls & Boys, 9-10 Boys – Northside Church Gym (Indoors)
Registration Deadline: February 19, 2021
Practice Begins: March 8, 2021
Games Begin: March 20-21, 2021
Pictures: April 17 & 18, 2021
Season Finale: May 15-16, 2021
All Northside Sports & Recreation Volunteer Coaches must pass a Background Check and complete Safe Sanctuary Training in order to be eligible to coach. If you are interested in coaching, please contact Kelley Stonis at Kelleys@northsideumc.org
TO REGISTER - please click the REGISTER ONLINE tab at the top of your page.