It’s Hoops Time!
Northside Church is excited to announce that Winter Basketball registration is open. While the season may look and feel a little different, we are grateful that we are able to welcome players in to our church gym with strict safety measures in place to keep you, your family, coaches, and staff safe and our facilities open. As we continue to PRESS ON and navigate these times together we hope you will consider Playing Together for God here at Northside Church!
There's a program for Everyone!! 👉REGISTER HERE👈
Recreation League (Girls and Boys Ages 5-14): An entirely volunteer-led Recreation Basketball league that offers fun, yet competitive, instructional/developmental team basketball concepts to players. Season consists of 1-hour practice weekly on a weekday afternoon/evening and league games on weekends. League/division sizes will be limited, due to CDC Guidelines and gymnasium square footage. Only two teams (20 players max) in our Northside gym and/or the Family Life Center gym.
- Player Skills & Drills/Evaluations: Nov. TBD
- Practice Begins: November 29, 2020
- Games Begin: December 11-13, 2020
- Gym Closed: November 24-28 and Dec. 21-Jan. 3, 2021
- Practice Resumes: January 4, 2021
- End of Season: February 5-7, 2021
- Basketball Pictures: TBD, by Clix Portrait Studios
LiL' Hoopsters (Girls and Boys 4-years-old): A Developmental program for young players, led by Rising Stars Basketball Coaches. Players will be introduced to the key fundamentals of basketball (i.e.. dribbling, passing, shooting, footwork), in a socially distanced.
- Season dates: 7 Weeks Dec. 12, 19, Jan. 9, 16, 23, 30 & Feb. 6, 2021 (No Sessions 12/26 & 1/2/21)
- 9:00-10:00am - (max 25 players)
- Cost: $150
Skills & Drills Sessions (Girls and Boys Ages 5-14): A weekly 1-hour Skills & Drills session run by Rising Stars Basketball coaches for ages 5-14. Sessions will emphasize individual skills development in areas of Ball Handling, Shot Development, Offensive and Defensive Footwork, Finishing Plays, and Basketball Terminology. The program will focus on individual player development in a socially distanced setting. - No scrimmaging or games.
- Season dates: 8 Weeks Wednesdays Dec. 2, 9, 16, Jan. 6,13, 20, 27 & Feb 3, 2021 (No sessions 12/23 & 12/30)
- 4:00pm-5:00pm, Ages 5-8 (max 15 players)
- 5:15pm-6:15pm, Ages 9-14 (max 15 players)
- Cost: $250
Rising Stars Holiday Hoops Clinics (Girls and Boys Ages 5-14): Individual basketball clinics held over the Holiday School Breaks. Specialized drills, will focus on Shot Development, Ball Handling, Passing and Catching with confidence, improving Scoring ability, and Footwork for Offensive and Defensive success. Players may choose individual days or both sessions
- Clinic Dates: Dec. 21 & 22 8:30am-3:00pm
- Cost: 1 day $75; 2 Day $140
Northside Church Sports & Recreation Ministries is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all its staff, instructors, coaches, participants, and guests. Our Sports Ministry team will continue CDC recommended protocols and procedures used in our week long day camps during this past summer and our fall rec. soccer league. To view the full Northside Pandemic Response Plan (PRP) please