Northside Church Sports & Recreation Ministries is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all its staff, instructors, coaches, participants and guests. To view the full Northside Church Pandemic Response Plan (PRP) please click here. To be effective, this plan requires the full cooperation of all families. The PRP will be updated as federal, state, and local guidelines and regulations change. This plan includes recommendations for families and steps the church and our ministry are taking to mitigate COVID-19 contagion.
What are the Health Screening and Symptom Assessment Guidelines?
- Participants are not allowed allowed on the church premises if:
- They have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- They have exhibited symptoms of COVID-19
- They have had contact with a person that has or is suspected to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- All participants, coaches and staff who are entering the church building will be screened for:
- A temperature greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit,
- Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- At least two of the following symptoms: chills, muscle aches, new loss of taste or small, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting or diarrhea.
- Children who exhibit any of the above symptoms will be isolated until picked up by their parent or guardian
- Adults will leave immediately.
What new cleaning procedures and policies are in place?
- All equipment and facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly and immediately after each group use.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned at least twice each day along with high-touch areas and items, such as controls, door handles, elevator panels, railings, etc.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been increased in Northside Church and participants will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before activities or eating.
Are you going to require social distancing for classes and or team practices/games?
- We recognize that it is difficult to have children maintain social distancing with any regularity. To minimize participant interaction, participants will be grouped according to the activity/team and or league they have signed up for and will experience the class, practice/games with their small group for the duration of their Sports & Rec. activity/season. Although social distancing is limited in classes and/or on the playing field, we will encourage all participants to distance when possible.
Will my child be required to wear a mask?
- Yes, children will be required to wear a mask while entering the building, during transition from the location of pickup/carpool to the class/practice, when going to the restroom, during pickup at the end of class/practice, or when exiting the building. They will not be required to wear a mask during the class/practice or game unless stated otherwise, but can do so of their own volition.
- Staff, instructors will be required to wear masks at all times inside the church building.
Thank you for your continued support as we work together to provide a safe and healthy environment for all those who participate in Northside Church Sports & Recreation Ministries. We look forward to seeing you in person soon!